James Patrick Langan I (1889-1975) US Army Sergeant, World War I Veteran; and Newspaper Pressman (b. January 04, 1889, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA - d. August 20, 1975, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA) Military Service Number 89425 and Social Security Number 093079514.
Parents[edit | edit source]
Siblings[edit | edit source]
- Daniel Langan (1885-1964) who married Jenny Lynch (1885-1969)
- Edward Langan (1886) who died as an infant
- Mary Langan II (1888) who died as an infant
- John Langan (1890-?)
- Edward Langan (1891-?)
- Catherine Veronica Langan (1892-1950) who was a school teacher who never married
- John F. Langan (1893) who died as an infant
- Cornelius Langan (1893-1896) who died as a child
- Bernard Langan II (1895) who died as an infant
- Mary Langan III (1895-?)
- Bernard Langan III (1895-1898)
- Ann Langan (1898-1939) who married Francis Ayers
- Charles E. Langan (1899-1996) who was a welder who married May Cornetta
- Bernard Francis Langan I (1903-1982) who married Anna Fortmuller
- John Langan II (1905) who died as an infant
Education[edit | edit source]
He had four years of high school according to the 1940 United States Census. He would have graduated around 1907 at age 18.
World War I[edit | edit source]
He filled out his draft card on June 5, 1917 while he was working for the New York World as a pressman, and living at 397 Union Street in Jersey City. He enlisted in the Army on July 1, 1917 as a Private, and was later promoted to Sergeant. His last military company was Company B, 165th Infantry, American Expeditionary Force.
Marriage[edit | edit source]
He married Katherine Mary Norton (1894-1942) aka Kitty Norton.
Children[edit | edit source]
Death[edit | edit source]
He died on August 20, 1975 in Jersey City, New Jersey.