Isaac Colby was born 23 May 1712 in Haverhill, Essex County, Massachusetts, United States to Anthony Colby (1670-1721) and Mary Currier (1675-1719) and died 1785 Haverhill, Essex County, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes. He married Sarah Davis (1714-1755) 25 April 1734 in Haverhill, Essex County, Massachusetts.
- Son of Anthony Colby (1670-1721) and Mary Currier
- 1712-May-23 : Birth in Haverhill, MA
- 1734-Apr-25 : married first to Sarah Davis
- 1757-Apr-17 : married second to Hannah (Heath) Colby, Widow of Thomas Colby
- 1785 : Colby died before 1785.
His first wife died June 3, 1755 at Haverhill. He settled in the east parish of Haverhill. He renewed his covenant with the Second Amesbury Church about 1733-35 and was called Jr. to distinquish him from and older gentleman of the same name. His wife Sarah renewed her church covenant there 1744-45.
Children of Isaac and Sarah Colby
Born in East Haverhill
- William Colby, b. Feb 13, 1734-35 (twin), d. young.
- Anthony Colby, b. Feb 13, 1734-35 (twin), d. young.
- Elizabeth Colby, b. Jun 3, 1736, m. Feb 19, 1765 to Thomas Harvey
- Sarah Colby, b. Mar 5, 1738-39, m. Nov 20, 1760 to John Cheney
- William Davis Colby (1742-1795), b. Mar 19, 1742,
- Anthony Colby, b. Jun 25, 1744, m. Jul 10, 1769 to Abigail Chase
- Isaac Colby, b. Jun 30, 1746, m. Sep 27, 1768 to Phebe Hunt.
- Benjamin Colby, b. Jul 14, 1750, m. 1) Oct 19, 1773 Elizabeth Hawkins and m. 2) Sarah Carter, removed to Sanbornton.
- Mary Colby, b. Oct 30, 1753 (twin)
- Martha Colby, b. Oct 30, 1753 (twin)
- Abigail Colby, b. May 14, 1755, died unmarried 1831, removed to Sanbornton.
|Offspring of Isaac Colby and Sarah Davis (1714-1755)|
|Anthony Colby (1735-1744)|
|William Bolby (1735-1735)|
|Elizabeth Colby (1736-)|
|Sarah Colby (1739-1809)|
|William Davis Colby (1742-1795)||15 March 1741 Newbury, Essex County, Massachusetts, United States||1812 Hopkinton, Merrimack County, New Hampshire, United States||Elizabeth Straw (1752-1840)|
|Anthony Colby (1744-1783)|
|Isaac Colby (1746-1816)|
|Benjamin Colby (1750-1816)|
|Mary Colby (1753-)|
|Abigail Colby (1755-1831)|
- Pg 575 - Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to Families Boston and Eastern Massachusetts - Vol II -Publ 1908 by William Cutler, Google Books
- Colby Family History Project -
- The Old Families of Salisbury and Amesbury Massachusetts by David W. Hoyt;
- The Colby Family in Early America by Frederick Lewis Weis, Caledonia, The Colonial Press, pub 1970. Parents: William Davis COLBY and Elizabeth STRAW.