Ion Filotti was born 26 June 1941 in Câmpulung, Argeș County, Romania to Eugen Filotti (1896-1975) and Elisabeta Tașcă (1906-1992) . He married Domnica Bottea (1942-) 1965 in Romania, Bucharest. He married Françoise Sciaky (1942-) 4 August 1974 in Saint-Maclou, Eure, Normandie, France.
Ion Filotti (born June 26, 1941) is a Romanian-born American engineer, mathematician and computer scientist.
Ion Filotti was born in Bucharest, Romania on June 26, 1941. He was the son of Eugen Filotti, a Romanian diplomat and of Elisabeta Filotti (1906-1992). Ion Filotti attended the [[Mihai Eminescu National College, Bucharest|Mihai Eminescu High School of Bucharest and the Politechnic Institute of Bucharest as well as the Faculty of Mathematics of the University of Bucharest. He then worked at the computer center of the Central Statistics Directorate.
In 1969 Ion Filotti emigrated to the United States. He got a doctor’s degree in 1972 at the University of California, Berkeley in 1972 having Professor Manuel Blum as advisor, with a thesis on “The Primitive Recursive-Permutations Generate the Group of Recursive-Permutations”.
Ion Filotti then worked as professor of Computer Science at Columbia University in New York. Moving to Paris he concentrated on research, being Director of Research at the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), for a time also teaching at the University of Paris.
In his later years he turned to the private sector. He created the "Non Standard Logics" company in Paris  and besides worked for other companies. He was also member of the Board of Directors of the "Alcion Group" 
Apart from his professional work Ion Filotti was also pursued various political and social activities. He was a signatory of the “Appeal for the International Condemnation of the Criminality and Illegitimacy of Communism’’ and of the ‘’Open letter to the Minister of Justice of Romania for the Condemnation of Communism’’. He also gave lectures at the 2005 Summer School of at the Memorial of Victims of Communism in Sighet, Romania. 
Ion Filotti is also board member of the Pro Patrimonio Foundation, a member of Europa Nostra organization whose mission is to identify, preserve, and advocate for the historic and natural heritage of Romania.
- An Efficient Algorithm for Determining Whether a Cubic Graph is Toroidal (1978) — Conference: ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing - STOC
- On Determining the Genus of a Graph (1979) (with Gary L. Miller and John H. Reif) — Conference: ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing — STOC
- A Polynomial-time Algorithm for Determining the Isomorphism of Graphs of Fixed Genus (1980) (with Jack N. Mayer) — Conference: ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing – STOC
- An Algorithm for Imbedding Cubic Graphs in the Torus (1980) — Journal of Computer and System Sciences — JCSS
- Des ordinateurs sans consommation d'énergie? (with Wladimir Mercouroff) — La Recherche N°157 July/August 1984
- KOALA: a cost effective workstation for fast LISP interpretation (1986) (with Ingmar Vuong, Andrzej Wozniak and Suresh Krishna) — Conference: Symposium on Small Systems - SIGSMALL/PC — San Francisco, California
- Techniques for Dynamic Software Migration (1988) (with G. Attardi and J. Marks
- ^ Problema României - despărţirea de un trecut comunist îngrozitor (Interviu cu Ion Filotti) – Revista 22, January 14–20, 2003
- ^ UC Berkley, College of Engineering. Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences. Ph.D. Dissertations 1972
- ^ Beyond X/Motif GUIs with a Builder that can Design New Primitive Widget Classes — the NSL Widget Factory
- ^ Ion Filotti
- ^ Scrisoarea a II-a a intelectualilor.Catre Monica Macovei – Cotidianul February 11, 2007
- ^ The School of Memory 2005
- ^ The Memorial of the Victims of Communism – Summer School
- ^ http://www.propatrimonio.org/ Fundaţia Pro Patrimonio
|Offspring of Ion Filotti and Françoise Sciaky (1942-)|
|Marie Filotti (1980-)||16 February 1980 Neuilly-sur-Seine, Hauts-de-Seine, Île-de-France, France||Peter Wilkinson (1980-)|