General Sir Hugh Arbuthnot, KCB (1780 – 11 June 1868) was Member of Parliament for Kincardineshire 1826–1865.
79th Regiment of Foot (Cameron Highlanders) Ensign in May 1796, Major-General 22 July 1830, Lt-General 23 November 1841, General 20 June 1854. A long length of service.
Sir Hugh, a son of John Arbuthnot, 7th Viscount of Arbuthnott, was the younger brother of John Arbuthnott, 8th Viscount of Arbuthnott and helped the latter out with his financial embarrassment. He never married.
- Mrs PS-M Arbuthnot (1920). Memories of the Arbuthnots. Geo Allen & Unwin Ltd.
- Bing, Hon Mrs Christy (1999). The Lairds of Arbuthnott. Agnate Press. ISBN 0-9535923-0-8.
- Hart's Army List. 1863.
- ^ House Of Commons Constituencies Beginning With "K" on Leigh Rayment's peerage pages
- ^ Hart's Army List 1863 and others
- ^ Major Commandant
- ^ http://members.ozemail.com.au/~clday/80colonel.htm
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
Sir Alexander Ramsay, Bt
| Member of Parliament for Kincardineshire
James Dyce Nicol
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||British politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1780|
|PLACE OF BIRTH|
|DATE OF DEATH||11 June 1868|
|PLACE OF DEATH|
|This biographical article related to the British Army is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This article about a Member of the Parliament of Great Britain, or the Parliament of the United Kingdom, representing a Scottish constituency is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Hugh Arbuthnot (British Army officer). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|