|Hoogkarspel Water Tower.|
Hoogkarspel (West Frisian: Hougkarspel) (population estimate: 7380) is a village in the municipality Drechterland, located in the north west of the Netherlands, in the province of North Holland and the region of West-Frisia.
There is a railway station, Hoogkarspel, with half hourly connections to Hoorn, Amsterdam and Enkhuizen.
Born in HoogkarspelEdit
- Klaas de Jong (1815-1886), farmer and politician
- Hermanus Samuel de Roode (1877-1827), offical
- Durk van der Ploeg (1930), writer and poet
- René Appel (1945), writer and linguist
- Vincent Mentzel (1945), photographer
- Thomas Koenis (1989), basketball player
- Lucienne Reichardt (1991), football player
- J. Kuyper, Gemeente Atlas van Nederland, 1865-1870, "Hoogkarspel". Map of the former municipality, around 1868.
|This North Holland location article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Hoogkarspel. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|