Former United States First Lady as the wife of Bill Clinton. Later Secretary of State during the first term of Barack Obama (1961) from 2009-2013; she had run a vigorous campaign to be the Democrat candidate herself. In 2015 she began campaigning again and weas successful in becoming the candidate but was defeated at the November 2016 election by Republican Donald Trump.
|Offspring of Hugh Ellsworth Rodham and Dorothy Emma Howell (1919-2011)|
|Hillary Diane Rodham (1947)||26 October 1947 Chicago, Illinois, United States|| William Jefferson Blythe (1946)|
|Hugh Edwin Rodham (1950)|| |
|Anthony Dean Rodham (1954)|
|Offspring of Hillary Diane Rodham and William Jefferson Blythe (1946)|
|Chelsea Victoria Clinton (1980)|
See Hillary's automatically updated tree subpage and her manually constructed ahnentafel subpage. It appears that she and Republican rival Donald John Trump (1946) are 19th cousins, having common ancestry in John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster (1340-1399) and his mistress, later his wife, who used her first married name, Katherine Swynford, before marrying John.
The WARGS website shows that Hillary is a distant cousin to numerous well-known people, including:
- "ANGELINA JOLIE [Voight], actress (b. 1975)" (note 2014/15); "Jean Louis ["JACK"] KEROUAC (1922-1969), writer", "CAMILLA SHAND (b. 1947)", "Eilleen Regina Edwards ["SHANIA TWAIN"] (b. 1965), musician" (all from ancestors 2030 & 2031);
- "MAURICE ROBERT GRAVEL (b. 1930), US Senator from Alaska" from ancestors 4006 and 4007;
- "ALANIS MORISSETTE (b. 1974), musician", "PIERRE ELLIOTT TRUDEAU (1919-2000), Prime Minister of Canada", and "MADONNA LOUISE VERONICA CICCONE (b. 1958), entertainer, all from ancestors 4022 and 4023;
- "CELINE DION (b. 1968), singer" and "Joseph Jacques JEAN CHRÉTIEN (b. 1934), Prime Minister of Canada", both from ancestors 4060 and 4061
- "Annette, Cecile, Emilie, Marie, and Yvonne, THE DIONNE QUINTUPLETS" from ancestors 8116 and 8117
That site also tabulates Hillary's ancestry by nationality, roughly 44% English, 31% Welsh, 13% Scottish, 12% French, and 0.1% Dutch.