Harris Sanders was born 1792 in Laurens County, South Carolina, United States to Moses Sanders (1771-1847) and Mary Elizabeth Harris (1766-1845) and died 1866 Banks County, Georgia, United States of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Smith (1799-1847) . He married Dinah (bef1850-) .
His first wife, Elizabeth Smith (1799-1847), died prior to the 1850 US Federal Census. That census shows his second marriage to Dinah.
- Christopher Columbus Sanders (1840-1908) - Son - Served as a Colonel of the Georgia 24th Infantry Regiment in the Civil War - Some records show him born in 1840 or 1842, but the 1850 US Census shows him born in 1838, two years ahead of his brother Andrew.
- Moses Sanders (1742-1817) - Grandfather - Founder of Gross Level Baptist Church in Banks Co, Georgia.
1850 US Federal Census
Jackson County (subdivision #43 Household #798), Georgia taken Oct 30, 1850 - All children listed as born in Georgia
- Harry Sanders - M/58 - Born S. Carolina
- Dinah Sanders - F/53 - born N. Carolina
- Moses N Sanders - M/21
- ?Reen Sanders - M/19
- Muhala E Sanders - F/16
- Mary B Sanders - F/15
- Christopher C Sanders - M/12
- Andrew A Sanders - M/10