Hannah Adair was born circa 1759 in Chickasaw Nation to James Adair (1714-1796) and Eleanor Adair (1726-1803) and died 1810 Oconee County, South Carolina of unspecified causes. She married John Jones (c1755-) 1789 .
Hannah Adair was born in the Chickasaw Nation (upstate Mississippi near the headwaters of the Yazoo River) say about 1759. His father James Adair (1714-1796) was an indian trader famously known for writing a book "History of the American Indians". His mother Eleanor Adair (1726-1803), was a native of the Chickasaw Nation.
Hannah who married John Jones, which can possibly be construed but not proven from a land deed. See the notes in this database for both of these individuals for a fuller explanation. Further research needed.
- Chickasaw Wife and Family of James Adair, Author of the History of the American Indians. - unpublished work by Shawn Potter Aug 2015. Shawn and his wife Lois are the authors of a book to be published sometime in the future entitiled. The book uses extensive historical documentation and modern DNA analysis to assemble his family history.
- Early Adairs of Laurens County - compiled by Mildred Brownlee.
- Hannah Adair
- James Adair in the Ninety-Six District
- Adair in Laurens County, South Carolina
- Adair in Oconee County, South Carolina
- Adair in South Carolina