Gershom Bigelow was born 22 March 1768 in Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts to Ivory Bigelow (1741-1804) and Sophia Bannister (1747-1830) and died 27 October 1847 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. He married Mary Howe (1769-1820) 1789 in Massachusetts. He married Eunice Wilder (1790-1873) 26 April 1822 in Massachusetts.
Gershom Bigelow Jr was born on 22 March 1768 at Marlborough, MA, under the name Biglo. He is the son of Lt Ivory Bigelow and Sophia Bannister.6,8 Gershom Bigelow Jr married Mary Howe, daughter of Abraham Howe and Lydia How, on 22 January 1788 at Marlborough, MA. Gershom Bigelow Jr married Eunice Wilder on 16 April 1822 at Marlborough, MA; listed as Eunice of Stow.5 Gershom Bigelow Jr died on 27 October 1847.
Gershom married (2) 26 April 1822 Eunice Wilder, born in Sterling, MA 13 January 1790. She was the daughter of Nathan and Susanna (Sawyer) Wilder, and died 17 June 1873 in Bloomfield township, Trumbull co, Ohio. They lived in Marlborough. Gershom died there 27 October 1847.
|Offspring of Gershom Bigelow and Eunice Wilder (1790-1873)|
|Charles Dana Bigelow (1823-1883)|
|Gershom Palifaux Bigelow (1824-1865)|
|John Bigelow (1826-1849)|
|Mary August Bigelow (1828-1915)|
|Walter Balfour Bigelow (1831-)|
1790 census: MA-Middlesex-Marlborough-Gershom Bigelow: 1-1-3-0-0.
- Gershom Bigelow Edmund Rice Assoc - Descendant #15033
- Gershom Bigelow Bigelow Family Assoc - Descendant #61824
- Andrew Henshaw Ward, Rice Family (Ward), p. 179.
- Rice Gen'l Register, pp. 113, 127, 569.
- Margaret Skinner Rice, Rice Family - S2/P1, pp. 23, 55.
- Margaret Skinner Rice, Rice Family - S2/P2, p. 13.
- Marlborough, MA, VR Index: p. 1:160.
- Charles Hudson, Marlborough, MA, History - Hudson, p. 329.
- Bigelow Family Genealogy Vol I , p 220-221;
- Howe, Bigelow Family of America; p 174-178;
- Frost, Josephine; Ancestors of Charles Dana Bigelow, etc.; compiled for their son Charles Emerson Bigelow; see: Gershom Bigelow