George Merriam was born circa 1602 in Tudeley, Kent, England to William Merriam (1564-1635) and Sarah Burges (1575-1635) and died 29 December 1675 Concord, Middlesex County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. He married Susan Raven (1606-1674) 1627 in Kent, England.
Marriage & Family
William S. Appleton. 1868. "The Merriam Family and Connections." New England Historical and Genealogical Register 22 (Apr): 160-161. p. 160 III. George Merriam, of Concord, died 29 December, 1675, and Susan his wife 8 October before. They had these children, all, except the first, mentioned in his will of 8 October, 1675:
- Mary,2 d. 10 August, 1646.
- Sarah,2 m. ----- Gove, of Cambridge; d. before 1681.
- Elizabeth,2 m. Henry West of Salem.
- Samuel,2 m. Elizabeth Thompson, and had four daughters, according to Shattuck.
- Hannah,2 m. 14 Jun, 1665, Henry Axtell, of Marlborough; and secondly, 16 Jul 1677, William Taylor, of Concord.
- Susan,2 m. John Scotchford, of Concord.
- Abigail,2 m. Thomas Bateman, of Concord...