Referencing the Forum
Robin was most gracious when he declined to write a policy about the inclusion of Social Security Numbers in articles about dead people -- and when he volunteered me to write the policy in his stead. When drafting said policy, I would like to include a link back to the discussion about SSNs on the forum, but I'm not sure how to do that. When I look in the title bar there are question marks and ampersands--can those be included when wikify articles in double [brackets]? I mean, is it even legal? Oh, and by the way, thanks Robin. :-)
Zephyrinus 22:53, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
- For example, I see this page as: http://genealogy.wikia.com/index.php?title=Forum:Referencing_the_Forum&t=20070604225326
in my title bar.
- Update: And then sometimes it appears as: http://genealogy.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Referencing_the_Forum
- which is very easy to wikify as Forum:Referencing_the_Forum.
- Sigh. Maybe it's just an Opera thing. At any rate, problem solved. Sorry for wasting everyone's time.
- Zephyrinus 23:06, 4 June 2007 (UTC)
- Well done!! (It's not just an Opera thing. My IE6 produces extras like that occasionally. Seems to be when one has just finished editing or come from an unusual page such as the history. http://genealogy.wikia.com/index.php?title=Forum:Referencing_the_Forum&action=submit) Forum pages are just like most others once they are created. You can even switch one from the watercooler to the help desk just by editing the preliminary stuff in the right way (as I did with a set of questions that Aabh posed on the Watercooler). Robin Patterson 13:02, 5 June 2007 (UTC)