Erastus Bingham Sr was born 12 March 1798 in Concord, Essex County, Vermont, United States to Elisha Warner Bingham (1765-1802) and Sarah Perry (1764-1844) and died 2 May 1882 Lynn, Weber County, Utah, United States of unspecified causes. He married Lucinda Gates (1797-1874) 20 March 1820 in St. Johnsbury, Caledonia County, Vermont. He married Patience Perkins (1783-1862) 4 April 1852 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah. He married Sally Maria Barber (1811-1891) 7 April 1853 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah. He married Mehitable Sawyer (1806-1886) 11 September 1857 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah. He married Emma Nye (1837-1896) 13 December 1862 in Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah.
Thomas Bingham (1824-1889) and his brother Erastus Bingham (1822-1906) Jr. were in the Mormon Battalion - Company B. Also their brother in law Elijah Norman Freeman. Erastus Bingham Sr. cared for the families of the volunteers. Placed to work among the sick, Elijah Norman Freeman (1822-1846) soon became ill himself and passed away in New Mexico, 28 November 1846. He was buried four miles south of Secorro, New Mexico, on the Rio Grande. (South of Santa Fe, New Mexico.)
Marriage and Family
- Mary Bingham (1820-1893) - her 1st husband died during Mormon Battalion march.
- Sanford Bingham (1821-1910)
- Erastus Bingham (1822-1906) - Veteran of Mormon Battalion.
- Thomas Bingham (1824-1889)- Veteran of Mormon Battalion.
- Lucinda Bingham (1826-1894)
- Maria Louisa Bingham (1828-1893)
- Willard Bingham (1830-1913)
- Edwin Bingham (1832-1903)
- Jacob Bingham (1834-1835)
- Brigham Heber Bingham (1841-1935)
- Sarah Mary Chestnut (1845-1886)
|Offspring of Erastus Bingham Sr and Emma Nye (1837-1896)|
|Warner Bingham (1863-1918)|
- Erastus Bingham
- Bingham in Caledonia County, Vermont
- Bingham in Weber County, Utah
- Bingham in Salt Lake County, Utah