Elizabeth Olmstead Butler was born 20 November 1642 in Weathersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut to Nicholas Olmstead (1612-1684) and Sarah Loomis (1617-1689) and died 12 October 1681 Weathersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut of unspecified causes.
Marriage and Family
|Offspring of Ensign Samuel Butler and Elizabeth Olmstead (1642-1681)|
|Samuel Butler (1664-1711)|
|Elizabeth Butler (1667-1736)||20 August 1667 Middlesex County, Connecticut||24 April 1736 Connecticut||Samuel Emmons (1671-1767)|
|Sarah Butler (1668-1725)|
|Mary Butler (1670-1744)|
|John Butler (1672-1755)|
|James Butler 1672-1765)|
|Thomas Butler (1674-1747)|
|Dorothy Butler (1676-1709)||1676 Weathersfield, Hartford County, Connecticut||19 August 1709 Litchfield, Litchfield County, Connecticut||Joseph Kilbourne (1672-1744)|
- James Olmstead List of Famous Descendants
- Butler-Olmstead Family Genealogy - Probably Best info for this family.
There is a big disrepancy over which Olmstead daughter it was that Samuel Butler married. But otherwise the ancestral line is intact.
1. Gary Boyd Roberts. 1995. Ancestors of American Presidents. New England Historic Genealogical Society, Boston, p. 26.
2. R.R. Hinman. 1862. "Records of Wethersfield, Conn." New England Historical Genealogical Register. 16(1): 17-22. On p. 17: Butler, Ensigne Samuel, deacon of ye church at Wethersfield, deceased Dec. 31, 1692, the last day of ye week, ye last day of ye month, ye last day of ye year, and as he had said, doe it proved, ye last day of his life. Elizabeth his wife d. Oct. 12 1681.
3. Francis Barnum Culver, ed. 1940. Society of Colonial Wars in the State of Maryland: Genealogies of the Members and Record of Services of Ancestors. Vol. II. Published by the society, Baltimore, MD (reprinted 1997, Genealogical Publ. Co., Baltimore, MD; Broderbund CD-506). In an ahnentafel of Robert Field STANTON, on p. 265: 622. Samuel Butler, b. 1639, d. 20 Dec. 1692. 623. Elizabeth Olmsted, d. 12 Oct. 1681. Boldface indicates an ancestor conferring eligibility.
4. Harry Brent Mackoy. n.d. A Study in Heredity and Environment: a historical and genealogical sketch of the ancestors of Joseph Henry Assel. A.H. Pugh Printing Co., Cincinnati, OH (online at GenealogyLibrary.com). p. 61 Deacon and Ensign Samuel Butler, son of Deacon Richard Butler, was born about 1639 at Hartford and settled in Wethersfield. In 1668 he was chosen town school master, was a resident householder in 1670, and was selectman in 1689. In the record of his death, December 31, 1692, he is called "Ensign Samuel Butler", deacon at Wethersfield. He was devised all his father's meadow land in Wethersfield. Hinman says he died at Wethersfield December 30, 1792; will dated same day and year...
5. The Olmsted Family in America by Steven M. Lawson [link died].
6. Descendants of Samuel (Deacon) (HADDAM FOUNDER) Butler [link died].
7. Photograph of the monument naming founders of Haddam, which include Samuel Butler. [link died]