Elizabeth Harrington was married to Winslow Brigham (1736-1791), son of Jedidiah and Bethiah (Howe) Brigham, who was a delegate to convention for the framing the Massachusetts State constitution in 1779-80. He resided on the old homestead, and carried on the tannery. He was one of the most popular and influential men of his day amoung his fellow townsmen, filling the office of town clerk thirteen years, being often elected selectman, and representing the town in the General Court several years. Daughter of Daniel Harrington (1707-1795) and Mary Leonard (c1703-1793).
Lieut. Jedediah Brigham married Bethiah, daughter of Joseph and Dorothy (Martin) Howe, and at his death he left the homestead to his youngest son Winslow who married Elizabeth Harrington.
Winslow was a distinguished citizen and died as he had lived on the old place which passed on to his son, Major Jedediah, who married Lydia, daughter of William and Lydia (Morse) Boyd. Major Jedediah Brigham was a well known factor in Marlborough in time past and was much interested in military affairs. In town he was treasurer, assessor, selectman, and held other important offices. Ten children were born to him and his good wife in thus old homestead which until a few years ago was a landmark of Marlborough.
Elizabeth d. Oct 25, 1815, aged 78.
- Daughter of Daniel Harrington (1707-1795) and Mary Leonard
- 1737-Mar-20 : Birth in Marlborough, Worcester, MA
- 1757-1760 : Marriage to Winslow Brigham (1726-1791) -
- 1815-Oct-25 : Died in
Children of Winslow and Elizabeth Brigham
- Capt Daniel Brigham (1760-1818) - m Thankful Brigham (second cousins)
- Capt Aaron Brigham (1762-1831) - m Betsey Barnes - Private in Revolutionary War
- Jedediah Brigham (1765-1766) - Died Young
- Maj Jedediah Brigham (1766-1846) - m Lydia Boyd
- Elizabeth Brigham (1768-1798) - m William Barnes
- John Winslow Brigham (1770-1826) - m Hannah Lewis - Sea Captain - had several children, all of whom died in their minority.
- Amariah Brigham (1771-1798) - never married
- Artemas Brigham (1776-1862) - m Lydia Brigham (second cousins)
- Lucy Brigham (1743-1850) - m Deacon Eli or Elisha Rice
- Lydia Brigham (1782-1784) - b. Jan 7, 1782 - d. Aug 7, 1784.
|Offspring of Daniel Harrington III and Mary Leonard (c1703-1793)|
|Daniel Harrington (1734-1758)|| |
|Mary Harrington (1735-1802)||7 August 1735 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||30 June 1802 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Paul Harris (1724-1777)|
|Elizabeth Harrington (1737-1815)||25 October 1737 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||25 October 1815 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Winslow Brigham (1736-1791)|
|Sarah Harrington (1739-1818)|| |
|Margaret Harrington (1741-1811)|| |
|John Harrington (1743-1824)|| |
|Samuel Harrington (1745-1800)|| |
|Jonah Harrington (1748-)|
- Winslow Brigham Family History
- Family Brigham - History of Marlborough MA
- History of Marborough, Massachusetts - by Charles Hudson, pg 338
- Warenne Family Ancestry