Deacon Edward Rice was born 13 October 1622 in Stanstead, Suffolk, England to Edmund Rice (1594-1663) and Thomasine Frost (1600-1654) and died 15 August 1712 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes.
Edward Rice resided in Sudbury MA, but in 1661 he removed to Marlborough, Massachusetts where he is one of 13 on the petition for the founding of the town there. He was also deacon of the EHH? there.
He was close to age 93 when he died in Marlborough.
1706 Deed of Edward Rice
Deacon Edward Rice and wife Anna of Marlborough conveyed, 01 Apr 1686, to their son Edmund Rice of Sudbury, half of the farm (he purchased of his father Edmund, and some land he purchased of his brother Benjamin - John Rice of Sud, brother of Edmund, had the other half, and his choice of them) lying within the ounds of Sudbury, near the spring. Deed acknowledged 16 Apr 1706.
Marriage & Family
1st Marriage: Agnes Bent
Died without issue - according to Barry's History of Framingham. No marriage or death record found.
2nd Marriage: Anna
- Lydia Rice (1648-1648) - died same day
- Lydia Rice (1649-1723) - md John Woods
- John Rice (1651-1719) - md Tabitha Stone
- Edmund Rice (1653-1719) - md Joyce Russell
- Daniel Rice (1655-1737) - md Bethia Ward
- Caleb Rice (1658-1658) - died age 2.5 months
- Jacob Rice (1660-1746) - md Mary Barrett ?
- Anna Rice (1661-1731) - 2nd wife of Thomas Rice (1654-1747) - her cousin
- Dorcas Rice (1664-1753) - md Thomas Forbush
- Benjamin Rice (1666-1749) - md Mary Graves
- Abigail Rice (1671-1788) - md Samuel Forbush - brother of Thomas above.
- The Genealogical History of the Descendants of Edmund Rice- pg 6, pulb 1858 by Andrew H Ward - free on Google Books.