Sir Edward Raleigh of Farnborough was born circa 1472 in Farnborough, Warwickshire, England to Edward Raleigh (c1440-c1513) and Margaret Verney (c1441-aft1509) . He married Anne Chamberlain (c1482-?) 1500 JL in England. Charlemagne (747-814)/s, Henry II of England (1133-1189)/s, Hugh Capet (c940-996)/s, William I of England (1027-1087)/s.
Sir Edward Raleigh was born circa 1470 at of Farnborough, Warwickshire, England. Sir Edward Raleigh left a will on 25 August 1508. His estate was probated on 20 September 1508.
Marriage & Family
He married Anne Chamberlayne, daughter of Richard Chamberlayne, Esq. and Sybil Fowler, between 1496 and 1505.
They had 5 sons (George; Edward; Leonard; Anthony; & Thomas) and 3 daughters (Bridget, wife of Sir John Cope; Margaret, wife of Richard Musket; & Mary, wife of Nicholas Wodhull, Esq.).
- Thomas Raleigh (c1494)
- Margaret Raleigh (c1496) - wife of Richard Musket
- Mary Raleigh (c1498-1523) - wife of Nicholas Wodhull, Esq.
- George Raleigh (c1500-bef1546)
- Edward Raleigh (c1502-)
- Leonard Raleigh (c1504-)
- Anthony Raleigh (c1508-)
- Bridget Raleigh (1506-?) - wife of Sir John Cope
|Offspring of Edward Raleigh and Anne Chamberlain (c1482-?)|
|Thomas Raleigh (c1494)|
|Margaret Raleigh (c1496)|
|Mary Raleigh (c1498-1523)|
|George Raleigh (c1500-bef1546)|
|Edward Raleigh (c1502-)|
|Leonard Raleigh (c1504-)|
|Anthony Raleigh (c1508-)|
|Bridget Raleigh (1506-?)||1506 Farnborough, Warwickshire, England||1540 Northamptonshire, England||John Cope (c1504-1558)|
- Anne Marbury Royal Ancestry - Edward Raleigh is a direct descendant of European Royalty.
- Titled Ancestors - #15517 - Sir Edward Raleigh
- William Allen Shade 05:45, 29 August 2009 (UTC) - 4th cousin, ? removed