Edward Adair was born circa 1756 in Chickasaw Nation to James Adair (1714-1796) and Eleanor Adair (1726-1803) and died November 1800 Oconee County, South Carolina of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Martin (c1760-1816) 1789 in Cherokee Nation.
Edward Adair was born in the Chickasaw Nation (upstate Mississippi near the headwaters of the Yazoo River) say about 1756. His father James Adair (1714-1796) was an indian trader famously known for writing a book "History of the American Indians". His mother Eleanor Adair (1726-1803), was a native of the Chickasaw Nation.
He married first Margaret in Philadelphia on 7 Apr 1784 (?)
Edward married second Elizabeth Martin of the Cherokee Nation probably in the Cherokee Nation say about 1789. Elizabeth was born probably in the Cherokee Nation say about 1769. Edward died probably in present-day Oconee County after 3 Nov 1800. Elizabeth died probably in the Cherokee Nation after 13 Jul 1816.
|Offspring of Edward Adair and Elizabeth Martin (c1760-1816)|
|Elizabeth Adair (1786-1835)|
|Walter Scott Adair (1791-1854)|
|James Adair (1793-1814)|
|Edward Adair (1794-)|
- Chickasaw Wife and Family of James Adair, Author of the History of the American Indians. - unpublished work by Shawn Potter Aug 2015. Shawn and his wife Lois are the authors of a book to be published sometime in the future entitiled. The book uses extensive historical documentation and modern DNA analysis to assemble his family history.
- Early Adairs of Laurens County - compiled by Mildred Brownlee.
- Edward Adair
- James Adair in the Ninety-Six District
- Adair in Laurens County, South Carolina
- Adair in Oconee County, South Carolina
- Adair in South Carolina