Edward Adair was born circa 1756 in Chickasaw Nation to James Adair (1714-1796) and Eleanor Adair (1726-1803) and died November 1800 Oconee County, South Carolina of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Martin (c1760-1816) 1789 in Cherokee Nation.
Edward Adair was born in the Chickasaw Nation (upstate Mississippi near the headwaters of the Yazoo River) say about 1754. His father James Adair (1714-1796) was an indian trader famously known for writing a book "History of the American Indians". His mother Eleanor Adair (1726-1803), was a native of the Chickasaw Nation.
|Offspring of Edward Adair and Elizabeth Martin (c1760-1816)|
|Elizabeth Adair (1786-1835)|
|Walter Scott Adair (1791-1854)|
|James Adair (1793-1814)|
|Edward Adair (1794-)|
- Chickasaw Wife and Family of James Adair, Author of the History of the American Indians. - unpublished work by Shawn Potter Aug 2015. Shawn and his wife Lois are the authors of a book to be published sometime in the future entitiled. The book uses extensive historical documentation and modern DNA analysis to assemble his family history.
- Early Adairs of Laurens County - compiled by Mildred Brownlee.
- Edward Adair
- James Adair in the Ninety-Six District
- Adair in Laurens County, South Carolina
- Adair in Oconee County, South Carolina
- Adair in South Carolina