|Elevation:||602 m (1,975 ft)|
|State District:||Northern Tablelands|
|Federal Division:||New England|
Delungra was incorporated as a town in 1907 and celebrated the centenary of the town combined with Australia Day celebrations in 2007. An earlier Reedy Creek Post Office was renamed Delungra on 11 June 1906.
Delungra has two horse events each year, with campdrafting in March, and a horse sports weekend in October, the 2007 event was unfortunately canceled due to the horse flu and subsequent restrictions on horse movements.
A number of annual events also occur throughout the year such as an Australia Day parade on 26 January, a Christmas parade followed by carols by candlelight at Christmas time. On 25 April and the 11 November there are remembrance services for those that have lost their lives during times of war.
While no temperature records are kept for Delungra, the Delungra Post Office has been keeping rainfall records since November 1924, and before that Gunnee Station (8 km north) kept records between 1879 and 1924. Below is annual rainfall statistics to 30 September 2011:
- Mean: 719.7mm
- High: 1,319.6mm (1879)
- Low: 388.6mm (1902)
The nearest automated weather stations are 30 km to the east at the Inverell Research Centre and 109 km to the west at the Moree Airport.
- ^ Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Delungra (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/ABSNavigation/prenav/LocationSearch?collection=Census&period=2006&areacode=SSC16959&producttype=QuickStats&breadcrumb=PL&action=401. Retrieved 2007-07-09.
- ^ "Delungra chalks up 100 in style". Inverell Times. http://www.inverelltimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/delungra-chalks-up-100-in-style/438111.aspx. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- ^ Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. https://www.premierpostal.com/cgi-bin/wsProd.sh/Viewpocdwrapper.p?SortBy=NSW&country=. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- ^ "Our Australia Day ambassador". Inverell Times. http://www.inverelltimes.com.au/news/local/news/general/our-australia-day-ambassador/2057933.aspx. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- ^ "Daily Rainfall for Delungra Post Office and Gunnee Station". http://delungra.com/index.php?dlgcontent=rainfall. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Delungra, New South Wales. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|