Rev Daniel Crosby Greene was born circa 1843 in Andover, Essex County, Massachusetts, United States to David Greene (1797-1866) and Mary Evarts (1806-1850) and died 15 September 1913 Japan of unspecified causes. He married Mary Jane Forbes (1845-1909) 1865 .
Marriage & Family
Descendants of colonial Massachusetts families, they had been among the earliest American missionaries in Japan, arriving in 1869 and serving until their deaths (the mother's in 1910, the father's in 1913); they were deeply involved in bringing modern Western education to the Japanese during the Meiji era.
- Evaris Boutell Greene (1870-1947) - American historian at Columbia
- Fannie Bradley Greene (1871-)
- Daniel Crosby Greene (1873-)
- Jerome Davis Greene (1874-1959) - a foundation administrator, banker, and secretary of the Corporation of Harvard University.
- Mary Avery Greene (1877-1951)
- Roger Sherman Greene (1881-1947) -American diplomat to China / born in USA while parents were on furlough from Japan mission.
- Elizabeth Grosvenor Greene (1882-1961)
- Edward Forbes Greene (1884-1917)
|Offspring of Rev Daniel Crosby Greene and Mary Jane Forbes (1845-1909)|
|Evaris Boutell Greene (1870-1947)||8 July 1870 Kobe-Shi, Hyogo-Ken, Japan||27 June 1947|
|Fannie Bradley Greene (1871-)|
|Daniel Crosby Greene (1873-)|
|Jerome Davis Greene (1874-1959)||12 October 1874 Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Honshu, Japan||29 March 1959 New Haven, New Haven County, Connecticut, United States||May Tevis (1875-1941)|
|Mary Avery Greene (1877-1951)|
|Roger Sherman Greene (1881-1947)||29 May 1881 Westborough, Worcester County, Massachusetts||29 May 1947||Kate Brown (1888-1978)|
|Elizabeth Grosvenor Greene (1882-1961)|
|Edward Forbes Greene (1884-1917)|