Constant Southworth was born circa 1615 in Leiden, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands to Edward Southworth (c1592-1622) and Alice Carpenter (1583-1670) and died 11 March 1678 Duxbury, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States of unspecified causes. He married Elizabeth Collier (1618-1670) 2 November 1637 in Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, United States.
Constant Southworth was born by about 1615 (based on date of parents marriage in Leiden Holland), son of Edward and Alice (Carpenter) Southworth. Came to Plymouth Colony in 1628 with his brother Thomas. Both were sons of the second wife of William Bradford (1590-1657).
Constant died in Duxbury MA, 11 March 1678/9.
Marriage & Family
Married in Plymouth, 2 November 1637, Elizabeth Collier, daughter of WILLIAM COLLIER. She died after 20 February 1678/9 (date of husband's will).
- Mercy Southworth (1638-1712)
- Edward Southworth (1640-1719)
- Nathaniel Southworth (1648-1710)
- Alice Southworth (1648-1719) - married Benjamin Church (1639-1717), a militia office of Plymouth Colony who is credited with forming the first American Army Ranger combat group, and fought in King Philip's War, King William's War and Queen Anne's War.
- Mary Southworth (c1650-1719)
- William Southworth (1659-1719)