Clarrisa Crisey Cutler Kimball Fletcher (1824-1852)
Plural wife of Heber Kimball who left him to join her father Mormon Sect of Cutlerites in Iowa.
- Daughter of Alpheus Cutler (1783-1864) and Lois Lathrop (1788-1878)
- 1824-Dec-23 : Birth at Silver Creek, Chautauqua Co, New York, USA
- 1845-Feb-29 : Marriage (1) to Heber Chase Kimball (1801-1868) in Nauvoo, Illinois as a plural wife (Note: 1845 = Leap Year?)
- 1848 : Separation from Heber
- 1849 : Marriage (2) to Calvin Gilmore Fletcher (1825-1900) in Salt Lake City Utah
- 1850 : Returns to join parents in Iowa Cutlerite Settlement
- 1852 : Died in Kansas
Born 23 December 1824 New York-1852 Kansas), married on 29 February 1845 and separated in 1848. Afterwards she married Calvin Fletcher, but then died shortly after that. After 1849 it looks like Clarrisa left the main body of Mormon Saints under Brigham Young to join the break off Mormon Sect, Cutlerites, led by her father Alpheus Cutler as evidenced by the birth and death of her young daughter. Her son remained faithful to the church in Salt Lake Valley.
Alpheus Cutler was a prominent leader in the early Mormon Church, but grew dissatisfied with the leadership of Brigham Young. He founded his own sect of Mormonism in Iowa called the Cutlerites.
Alpheus' and Lois' daughters, Clarissa (1824) and Emily (1828), married LDS Church Apostle Heber Chase Kimball (1801) as polygamous wives. Both later divorced him.
Not sure if she made it out to Salt Lake Valley - her name is not found in the Mormon Pioneer Overland Travel database.
Marriage & Family
1st Marriage: Heber Kimball
- Abraham Alonzo Kimball (1846-1889) - m. Mary Hatton - had several children in Utah
Alonzo was the son of LDS apostle Heber C. Kimball, a resident of Iron and Millard Counties and a prominent LDS bishop and church leader. The journal covers the period 1878-1889 and deals with his mission to England, polygamy, education, and church activities at the local level. The collection also includes a copy of his lengthy autobiography. Repository: Utah State Historical Society
2nd Marriage: Calvin Fletcher
- Mary Alzina Fletcher (1850-1859) - She was born at the Cutler Settlement in Silver Creek Iowa and died at the Cutler Settlement in Manti Iowa. Her mother died when she was two years old. Her extended family were part of the Cutler Settlement.
|Offspring of Clarrisa Crisey Cutler and Heber Chase Kimball (1801-1868)|
|Abraham Alonzo Kimball (1846-1889)||16 April 1846 Nauvoo, Hancock County, Illinois, United States||24 September 1889 Kanosh, Millard County, Utah, United States|| Mary Eliza Hatton (1849-1911)|
Lucy Adell Brown (1856-1904)
|Offspring of Clarrisa Crisey Cutler and Calvin Gilmore Fletcher (1825-1900)|
|Mary Alzina Fletcher (1850-1859)|
- Spencer Kimball Family Ancestry
- Heber Kimball Immigrant Ancestors - Early colonial American ancestors of Clarissa Cutler
- Alpheus Cutler - Wikipedia Article for Alpheus and his children.
- Abraham Alonzo Kimball Papers - Utah State Historical Society Collection