Wikimedia Commons has media related to:
| This is a category listing, which serves as an index of existing articles about recipients of the Order of the Bath .
It is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all recipients.
Only those created a Knight of the Bath prior to 1725 should be added to this category. All others should be assigned to the appropriate category:
- Category:Knights Companion of the Order of the Bath if appointed during the period 1725–1815.
- Category:Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the Bath for applicable appointments after 1815.
- Category:Knights Commander of the Order of the Bath for applicable appointments after 1815.
There are three categories for Knights of the (Order of the) Bath,
- Category:Knights of the Bath – These were special knighthoods conferred on important Royal occasions such as coronations, a practice which had died after the reign of Charles II. These knighthoods predate the modern Order of the Bath.
- Category:Knights Companion of the Order of the Bath (KB) – Knights created in the period between the 'revival'/creation of the Order of the Bath in 1725 and its expansion from a one class order to a three class order in 1815. Those Knights Companion still living in 1815 automatically became Knights Grand Cross.
- Category:Knights Commander of the Order of the Bath (KCB) – Since 1815 this has been the second level of the Order of the Bath (ranking below Knights Grand Cross and above Companions). Military officers have been appointed to this rank since 1815, civilians from 1847.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Category:Knights of the Bath. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
All items (27)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.