Carl August Demske was born 1848 in Germany and died January 1929 DePere, Wisconsin, United States of unspecified causes. He married Emilie Wilhelmine Hartwig (1860-1941) 1880 in Cleveland, Ohio, United States.
|Offspring of Carl August Demske and Emilie Wilhelmine Hartwig (1860-1941)|
|Antonia Demske (1881-1970)|
|Otto Frederick Demske (1883-1951)||20 April 1883 Rockland, Wisconsin, United States||16 June 1951 Wisconsin, United States||Petra Fredrickson (1886-1950)|
|Ida Johanna Demske (1885-1949)||1885 Wisconsin, United States||21 September 1949 Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States||Charles Joseph Brady|
|Wilhelmine Demske (1887-1957)|
|Lillian Demske (1891-1974)|
|Gotfred Demske (1893-1963)|
|Florence E. Demske (1898-1982)|
|Elsa M. Demske (1900-1989)|
|Son Demske (1902-)|
- Antonia married Ernest Vetter
- Children: Victor, Gerhardt, Annabelle, Gilbert, Wilhelmine
- Ida married Charles Brady
- Children: DePere, Eileen, Ruth, Gordon
- Minnie never married, no children.
- Lillian married Peter LeFevre
- Children: Harold, Russell, Stuart
- Fred (born: 18 Mar 1893) married Caroline Burckle (10 Aug 1893 - Apr 1983) De Pere, Brown, Wisconsin. Age at marriage: 24 for both. Source 1930 Census. Caroline's mother was Minnie Burckle, widowed before 1920 census in which she lists her parents from Mechlenburg, Germany.
- Children: Sheldon (c1920-), Eleanor (c1923-), Jane (c1927-)
- Florance never married, no children.
- Elva married Vilas Finke
- Children: Richard, Elaine, Janice
- The 1900 census lists Amelia as having 10 children, 7 living.
- Birth certificate lists Emilie Hartwig and Carl Demske as parents for a baby boy born October 9, 1902.
- The 1910 census lists Amelia as having 12 children, 8 living.
"He also leaves three sisters, Mrs. Albert Zirbel, his twin, De Pere; Mrs. Joseph Schultz, Menominee; and Mrs. James Whalen, Green Bay." (Obit)
1905 Wisconsin Census lists William Demske (c1847-aft1905) and his family living in Milwaukee. Dates alone make him a possible brother. 'Ida' age 20 is listed as a niece, which would be in keeping.
- 1900 US Census lists this family with the same names but different dates. William Demske (1865-aft1905)
"Mr. Demske came to America 56 years ago. He lived for a short time in Chicago, then moved to Menominee, Mich. here he was engaged in the lumber business. In 1882 he located at Rockland and farmed there until 11 years ago when he retired to spend his declining years in the city of DePere." (Obit)
- 1900, 1910 and 1920 census list his immigration date as 1872. His birthplace is listed as Germany and Prussia.
- 1910 census lists him as Charles.