Brice Blair Shade was born 13 February 1851 in Blair County, Pennsylvania, United States of America to John B Shade (1827-1907) and Mary Catherine Rhodes (1831-1911) and died 17 August 1934 Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, United States of America of unspecified causes. He married Emma S Hildebrand (1851-1912) 1874 in Pennsylvania, United States.
Brice B. Shade, aged 83, a former resident of Blair county, died at the home of a son, Milton Shade, 1013 South Twenty-first street, Harrisburg, at 7 o'clock Saturday evening (Aug. 18, 1934), after having been ill for five weeks. Surviving are five sons and two daughters: John and Blair Shade of the city, Leamer Shade of Hollidaysburg, Guy and Milton Shade of Harrisburg, Mrs. N. E. Moore of the city and Mrs. Elvin Hoover of York. Twenty-three grandchildren, seven great-grandchildren, five brothers and two sisters, Milton and Matthew Shade of Leamersville, Theodore and Nerr Shade of the city, William and Mrs. Malinda Holland of Hollidaysburg and Mrs. Ella Holland of Newry, also survive. Mr. Shade was a member of the Geeseytown Lutheran church, where funeral services will be held at 1 o'clock tomorrow afternoon, with Rev. Ralph D. Hinkelman of Harrisburg and Rev. Hillis G. Berkey of Geeseytown officiating. Interment will be made in Rose Hill cemetery, Altoona. Short services will be held at the son's home in Harrisburg at 8 o'clock tonight.
Brice was listed as a farmer in the 1880, 1900 and 1910 censuses and a public road laborer in 1920.
Sources & Notes
- United States Federal Census
- 1860 Blair Township, Blair County, Pennsylvania
- 1870 Freedom Township, Blair County, Pennsylvania
- 1880 Catherine Twp., Blair Co., PA
- 1900 Frankstown, Blair Co., PA
- 1910 Frankstown, Blair Co., PA
- 1920 Frankstown, Blair Co., PA
- Milton C Shade, 30 Pa, car inspector for steam railway - Dwelling 9, Family 10
- Sarah G Shade, 28 PA
- Isabell I Shade, 7 PA
- Kathleen R Shade, 4 1/12 PA
- Brice Shade, 68 PA, father, widowed, public road laborer
- William L Shade, 42 PA, blacksmith for railway - Dwelling 10, Family 11
- Bertha O Shade, 37 OH
- Florence J Shade, 9 PA
- Dorothea E Shade, 7 PA
- Eleanor S Shade, 6 PA
- Emily A Shade, 3 PA
- 1930 Unknown
- Clark's Altoona Directory
- 1893 - Shade Brice B, blacksmith and wagon shop, 3d st between Fourth and Fifth aves, o h 228 Second ave
- Harrisburg City Directory
- 1931, 1932, 1933, 1934 - Shade Brice B r1013 S 21st
- Altoona Mirror
- 1906 - Sept 29 - Brice Shade has leased the Weston shop and is ready to do all kinds of smith work.