|Bluewater Village, New Mexico|
|— Census-designated place —|
|• Total||10.107 sq mi (26.18 km2)|
|• Land||10.087 sq mi (26.13 km2)|
|• Water||0.020 sq mi (0.05 km2)|
|Elevation||6,749 ft (2,057 m)|
|• Density||62/sq mi (24/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||2584059|
|Bluewater Mill and tailings impoundment site|
|Aerial photo of Bluewater Mill, 1971|
Bluewater Village is a census-designated place in Cibola County, New Mexico. Bluewater was initially in Valencia County, New Mexico but in 1981 it was placed under the new Cibola County. Its population in 2010 was 628. Bluewater Village is west of Grants. The Bluewater Elementary School is located here. The Bluewater post office, which is included in the CDP, has a ZIP code of 87005.
Nearby was the former Bluewater Mill, a uranium mill operated by Anaconda Copper from 1954 to 1982. The site was reclaimed in 1995, under the provisions of the Uranium Mill Tailings Radiation Control Act, and is monitored by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. http://www.census.gov/geo/www/gazetteer/gazette.html. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- ^ a b c "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- ^ "Bluewater Village Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. http://geonames.usgs.gov/pls/gnispublic/f?p=gnispq:3:::NO::P3_FID:2584059.
- ^ United States Postal Service (2010). "USPS - ZIP Code Lookup - Search By Address". http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/welcome.jsp. Retrieved 2010-07-07.
- ^ Bluewater, New Mexico, Disposal Site
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Bluewater Village, New Mexico. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|