|Intercommunality||Bischwiller et environs|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Nicole Thomas|
|Area1||17.25 km2 (6.66 sq mi)|
|• Density||750/km2 (1,900/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||67046 / 67240|
|Elevation||123–147 m (404–482 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries. 2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.|
The city is located 7.8 kilometers (4.8 mi) southeast of Haguenau, 8 kilometers (5.0 mi) west-northwest from the German border and the Rhine River (Rhin), and lies 22 kilometers (14 mi) north-northeast of Strasbourg.
- Henri Baumer, master carpenter
- Claude Vigée, poet
- Jacob Kirkman and Abraham Kirkman, harpsichord makers
- Jean Daum, glassware manufacturer
- Lucien Muller, footballer
- Otto Meißner, German politician
- Christian Goodnight (born Christian Gutknecht) is a direct-line ancestor of U.S. President Barack Obama.
- ^ Forek, Scott (September 9, 2007). "Christian Gutnecht-Goodnight: 'The dark and bloody ground'". Chicago Sun-Times. http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/familytree/545443,BSX-News-wotreeb09.article. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- ^ Neue Zürcher Zeitung 24 juillet 2008, Die Zeit of the same day, and Zeitmagazin Leben 24.7.2008, N.31, p.14-15 (the article in the Zeitmagazin contains a complete genealogy of Barack Obama)
- ^ "Obama's forefathers include Swiss immigrant: archivist". Agence France-Presse. September 24, 2008.
- ^ Harneis, Robert (January 20, 2009). "Goodnight Mr. President". French News. http://www.french-news.com/content/view/5275/318. Retrieved March 20, 2009.
- Official website (French)
|This Bas-Rhin geographical article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Bischwiller. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.