Bijapur district (Hindi: बीजापुर जिला) is one of the 18 districts of Chhattisgarh state in central India. It is one of the two new districts created on May 11, 2007. As of 2011 it is the second least populous district of Chhattisgarh (out of 18), after Narayanpur. Moreover, it holds the dubious distinction of being the second least literate district in India at 41.58%, as per the 2011 census, after Alirajpur, Madhya Pradesh 
History[edit | edit source]
Geography[edit | edit source]
Demographics[edit | edit source]
According to the 2011 census Bijapur district, Chhattisgarh has a population of 255,180 , roughly equal to the nation of Vanuatu. This gives it a ranking of 581st in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 39 inhabitants per square kilometre (100 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 8.76 %. Bijapur has a sex ratio of 982 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 41.58 %.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ "Bijapur District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/census/district/502-bijapur.html. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- ^ "83 districts under the Security Related Expenditure Scheme". IntelliBriefs. 2009-12-11. http://intellibriefs.blogspot.com/2009/12/naxal-menace-83-districts-under.html. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- ^ Srivastava, Dayawanti et al (ed.) (2010). India 2010, A Reference Annual. New Delhi: Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of Indiaand. p. 1122. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7. http://www.publicationsdivision.nic.in/others/india_2010.pdf.
- ^ "2 new districts formed in Chhattisgarh". April 20, 2010. http://news.webindia123.com/news/ar_showdetails.asp?id=705120475&cat=&n_date=20070512.
- ^ a b c d e f "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. http://www.census2011.co.in/district.php. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- ^ US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2119rank.html. Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Vanuatu 224,564 July 2011 est."
[edit | edit source]
|Gadchiroli district, Maharashtra||Dantewada district|
|Karimnagar district, Andhra Pradesh
Warangal district, Andhra Pradesh
|Khammam district, Andhra Pradesh|
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Bijapur district, Chhattisgarh. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|