|Benjamin Spencer Van Deusen I|
|Birth:|| April 24, 1873|
|Death:|| May 3, 1937 (age 64)|
82 years ago
Jersey City Medical Center
Jersey City, New Jersey
|Father:||Peter B. Van Deusen (1845-1926)|
|Mother:||Catherine Burnett (1845-1926)|
|Siblings:|| Mina F. Van Deusen (1867-?)|
Hattie Van Deusen (1869-1907)
Emmett Peter Van Deusen I (1878-1965)
|Spouse/Partner:||Lynette Mae Curlhair (1872-1942)|
|Marriage:|| circa 1897 (age 24) |
99 years ago
|Children:|| Lillian Van Deusen (1899-1961)|
Mildred Lynette Van Deusen (1901-1968)
Benjamin Van Deusen II (1903-1972)
Burnett Peter Van Deusen (1913-1993)
Benjamin Spencer Van Deusen I (1873-1937) Real Estate Broker (b. April 24, 1873, Jefferson, Schoharie County, New York, USA - d. May 03, 1937, Jersey City Medical Center, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA)
Benjamin was born on April 24, 1873 in Jefferson, Schoharie County, New York.
- Mina F. Van Deusen (1867-?) who married Edwin K. Pierce (1860-?)
- Hattie Van Deusen (1869-1907) who married Frank Everett Dyer (1863-1941)
- Emmett Peter Van Deusen I (1878-1965) who moved to Detroit and married a widow named Margaret McKenzie Barton (1885-1963)
Jefferson, New YorkEdit
Benjamin appears in the 1880 US Census as "Benyamin S. Van Densen" [sic] living in Jefferson, Schoharie County, New York.
Marriage and childrenEdit
Around 1897 Ben married Lynette Mae Curlhair (1872-1942).
- Lillian Van Deusen (1899-1961) who married Clarence Ethan Reeve I (1888-1960) aka Ethan Reeve
- Mildred Lynette Van Deusen (1901-1968) who married Reed Edison Smith (1899-1980)
- Benjamin Van Deusen II (1903-1972) who married Helene Elizabeth Bentley (1905-1999)
- Burnett Peter Van Deusen (1913-1993) aka Peter Van Deusen, who married Naida Muriel Freudenberg (1915-1998)
Union, New YorkEdit
Benjamin and Lynette appear in the 1900 US Census living in Union, Broome County, New York. He is listed as "Benjamin Van Densen" and both their birth years were listed as 1873. In 1910 the family was living at 440 Washington Avenue, Albany, Albany County, New York and he was listed as "Benj. S. Vandeusen" and working in "real estate".
Jersey City, New JerseyEdit
In 1930 the family was living at 601 Garfield Avenue in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey.
Benjamin died on May 03, 1937 in the Jersey City Medical Center, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey.
His funeral notice appeared in the Jersey Journal on May 04, 1937, and reads as follows:
Benjamin S. Van Deusen, Sr., 64 of 726 Ocean Avenue, died at the Medical Center Monday. He was born in New York and lived in Jersey City for the past 15 years. Deceased is survived by his wife, Mrs. Lynette Van Deusen; two daughters, Mrs. Reed Smith, of Thompson, Pennsylvania. and Mrs. Ethan Reeve, of Burlington; two sons, Burnett Peter Van Deusen and Benjamin S. Van Deusen Jr., of Jersey City; two sisters, Mrs. Mina Pierce, of Stanford, New York and Mrs. Mathilda Becker, of Cobleskill, New York and a brother, Emmett Van Deusen, of Michigan.
- Benjamin Spencer Van Deusen I at Flickr
- Benjamin Spencer Van Deusen I at Findagrave
- Benjamin Spencer Van Deusen I at Knol
This article was created by User:Richard Arthur Norton (1958- ).