Benjamin Adair, Sr. was born 1752 in Pennsylvania, United States to Joseph Adair (1711-1788) and Sarah Laferty (1715-1767) and died 3 September 1823 Duncan Creek, Laurens County, South Carolina, United States of unspecified causes. He married Nancy George (1763-1833) 1779 in Laurens County, South Carolina.
- 1752 Birth in Pennsylvania
- 1761: Because of threats to Penn from French & Indiana Wars, James moves with parents to Laurens County, South Carolina where uncle James Adair (1714-1796) is an active indian trader and historian.
Marriage and Family
Duncan Creek Gravestone
Joseph Adair Family Memorial
Duncan Creek Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Laurens County, South Carolina
Note: This is a memorial, but not an actual gravestone.
IN MEMORY OF JOSEPH ADAIR, SR. BORN IRELAND 1711 - DIED S.C. 1789
ELDER OF DUNCAN CREEK CHURCH - 40 YRS, AMERICAN REVOLUTIONARY PATRIOT
HIS WIFE SARAH LAFERTY OF PA, B. c1715 - D. c1770
THEIR SONS JOSEPH JR., JAMES & BENJAMIN ALL WERE REVOLUTIONARY SOLDIERS
THEIR DAUGHTERS JEAN RAMAGE, SARAH ADAIR,
*MARY OWENS & *ROBERT LONG
SECOND WIFE SUSANNA LONG
- Benjamin Adair - disambiguation
- James Adair in the Ninety-Six District - Research Notes
- Adair in Laurens County, South Carolina
- Adair in Pennsylvania
- Benjamin Adair - GENI
- Benjamin Adair at Find A Grave #9428444
- A Patriot of the American Revolution for SOUTH CAROLINA (Soldier) DAR Ancestor # A000350
- Benjamin Adair - Genealogy.com