Ann Catherine Gelchion (1856-1927) Housewife (b. February 1856, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA - d. before March 17, 1927, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey, USA)
Parents[edit | edit source]
Siblings[edit | edit source]
- Matthew Martin Gelchion I (1858-1899) a gardener who married Jane E. Hogan (1864-1949) of Ireland
- Michael William Gelchion (1859-?)
- Richard Gelchion II (1860-1944) a gardener who married Catherine A. Farley (1861-1934)
- John Gelchion (1862-aft1900)
- William F. Gelchion I (1864-1957) a gardener who married Mary A. Maloney (1865-1943)
- Patrick Gelchion (1868-1893)
Neighbor[edit | edit source]
1871: "Ann Gelchion, who resides on Rose avenue, in Greenville ..."
Marriage[edit | edit source]
She married Michael Joseph Dermody II (1850-1922) on July 22, 1878 at Saint Paul's Roman Catholic Church, 14 Greenville Avenue, Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey. They were listed as: "Michael Dermody" and "Ann Gelchion".
Children[edit | edit source]
- Michael Joseph Dermody III (1879-?)
- Anne Dermody (1883-1945)
- Mary Dermody (1885-1927) aka Mamie Dermody, who married a Zehnbauer
- James S. Dermody I (1892)
- James S. Dermody II (1894-1956) who married Catharine X (1891-1971)
Jersey City, New Jersey[edit | edit source]
From 1900-1930 they lived at 56 Rose Avenue in Jersey City, Hudson County, New Jersey. In 1910 he was working in a cemetery and his daughter, Mary, was working as a stenographer.
Burial[edit | edit source]
She was buried in Holy Name Cemetery, in Jersey City, on March 17, 1927.