Deacon Andrew Rice was born 18 January 1702 in Worcester County, Massachusetts to Joshua Rice (1661-1734) and Mary Sawyer (1671-1766) and died circa January 1775 Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts of unspecified causes. He married Hannah Barnes (1712-1789) 3 December 1734 in Marlborough, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.
Will of Andrew Rice
Prepared 03 Jun 1774, proved on 28 Feb 1775. Gave to wife Hannah, to sons, Benjamin, Elisha and John, to dau. Ann Ward, to Granddau Lydia Rice Williams. Son Elisha Rice, Ex'or. Widow's thirds set off on 21 Apr 1777.
Family & Marriage
Andrew Rice md Hannah Barnes (1712-1789) of Marlborough on 03 Dec 1734. He was chosen deacon of the church there 14 Oct 1742 and died at age 72 on 15 Jan 1775. His widow, Hannah, died on 16 Feb 1789, age 77.
- Eber Rice (1735-1744)
- Lydia Rice (1737-1749)
- Benjamin Rice (1740-1811) - md Susanna Weeks
- Anna Rice (1742-1775) - md Daniel Ward
- Phebe Rice (1744-) - md William Williams
- Abel Rice (1747-1752) - not in the will
- John Rice (1749-1749) - not in the will
- Elisha Rice (1751-1776) - md Eunice Williams
- John Rice (1753-1776) - died at age 24.
- A Genealogical History of Descendants of Deacon Edmund Rice (pg 35, 76) - Free on Google Books by Andrew Henshaw Ward.