Alexandra of Lithuania (c1368-20 April 1434 in Płock) was the youngest daughter of Algirdas, Grand Duke of Lithuania, and his second wife, Uliana of Tver. Though Alexandra's exact date of birth is not known, it is thought that she was born in the late 1360s or early 1370s. In 1387, she married Siemowit IV, Duke of Masovia, and bore him thirteen children.
On December 12, 1385, few months after the Union of Krewo, Siemowit IV, Duke of Masovia, reached a compromise with Jadwiga of Poland and her intended consort king Jogaila, Alexandra's brother. Siemowit IV agreed to cease his rival claims to the Kingdom of Poland, pay homage to Jadwiga and Jogaila, and to assume position of a hereditary vassal to the Polish Crown in exchange for 10,000 Prague groschen and fief Duchy of Belz. The agreement was solidified by marriage of Siemowit IV and Alexandra in 1387.
- ^ (Lithuanian) Edvardas Gudavičius (2001). "Aleksandra". In Antanas Račis. Visuotinė lietuvių enciklopedija. I. Vilnius: Mokslo ir enciklopedijų leidybos institutas. p. 306. ISBN 5-420-01485-8.
- ^ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ^ Stone, Daniel (2001). The Polish–Lithuanian State, 1386–1795. A History of East Central Europe. University of Washington Press. p. 7. ISBN 0-295-98093-1.
- ^ Jasiński, Kazimierz (1998). Rodowód Piastów mazowieckich. Poznań - Wrocław: Wydawnictwo Historyczne. p. 90. ISBN 83-913563-0-2.
Karol Piotrowicz, w: Polski Słownik Biograficzny/ Polish Biographical Dictionary. T. 1. Kraków: Polska Akademia Umiejętności – Skład Główny w Księgarniach Gebethnera i Wolffa, 1935, p. 66–67
- Marek, Miroslav. "Genealogy of the House of Gediminas". Genealogy.EU. http://genealogy.euweb.cz/jagelo/jagelo.html.
- Marek, Miroslav. "Genealogy of the House of Piast". Genealogy.EU. http://genealogy.euweb.cz/piast/piast3.html#Z4.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at Alexandra of Lithuania. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|