Aleander Fay was born 29 September 1816 in Concord, Erie County, New York to Nehemiah Fay (1776-1856) and Achsah Stratton (1772-1870) and died circa 1903 of unspecified causes. He married Electa Clement (1814-1886) 14 May 1839 in Great Valley, Cattaraugus County, New York. Ancestors are from the United States, the United Kingdom.
Aleander Fay was educated in the public schools of Springville and Great Valley, having arrived in Cattaraugus County, New York with his parents in 1837. He was a farmer and cooper, and in 1856 purchased a large farm at Ekldale. He was a great lover of the chase, being one of the hunters of Western New York.
He was a member of the Baptist church, the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and a Republican in politics. Excepting for two years spent in the west, his whole life after 1837 was spent in Cattaraugus County.
Civil War Service
Aleander enlisted in the 94th Regiment, New York Volunteer Infantry, but oweing to illness saw little actual service.
Marriage & Family
All of his children are from his first marriage.
- Adrian Fay (1840-) - served 4 years in the civil war in the 108th NY Regt. Captured and confined 9 months at Andersonville prison. Md Sarah Flint in 1865.
- Mary Elsie Fay (1842-1866) - md Clark Wilder
- Marcus Montrose Fay (1844-1933) - civil war veteran, 9th NY Cavalry.
- Charles Willis Fay (1848-1928) - md Betsey E Childs
- Asa Clement Fay (1850-1924) - born in De Kalb IL - md Mary e Hitchcock.
- Fanny Elizabeth Fay (1854-1922) - md Fred Longee
- Henry Franklin Fay (1857-1919) = md Mary Church
|Offspring of Nehemiah Fay and Achsah Stratton (1772-1870)|
|Abigail Fay (1803-)|| |
|Fanny Fay (1808-1808)|| |
|James Fay (1810-1890)|| |
|Aleander Fay (1816-1903)||29 September 1816 Concord, Erie County, New York||1903|| Electa Clement (1814-1886)|
- Genealogical and Family History of Western New York: Vol II by W.R. Cutter - page 662-665 / Free on Google Books
- John Fay 1641 List of Famous Descendants