Abigail 2 BIGELOW, eleventh child and fifth daughter of John 1 and Mary (WARREN) BIGELOW, was born in Watertown, Middlesex co, MA, on 04 February 1664. Benjamin was born 26 January 1662 in Watertown. Abigail was a member of the church at Sudbury 1709-1710, but was later admitted to the church at Weston. Benjamin died 1724 in Watertown, Abigail 12 January 1754 in Watertown.
Marriage to Benjamin Harrington
She was married there 10 December 1684 to Benjamin HARRINGTON, son of Robert and Susannah (GEORGE) HARRINGTON. Children of Benjamin and Abigail (Bigelow) Harrington, were all born in Watertown :
- Benjamin Harrington, b 02 Oct 1685; d 09 Mar 1768 Weston, MA; m (1) unknown date, Grace Allen; (2) 27 Jan 1730 Lydia Warren; and (3) 30 June 1762 Ruth Guild. 8 children.
- Abigail Harrington, b 01 Mar 1689; d 20 Oct 1753 Weston, MA; m 17 July 1718 John Myrick jr; 6 children.(see below)
- Isaac Harrington, b 02 Feb 1693; d 21 Jan 1778 Weston, MA; m 18 May 1720 Susanna Allen. 9 children.
- Thankful Harrington, b 20 Sept 1701; d 06 Nov 1759 Weston, MA; m 27 Mar 1723 Josiah Livermore. 8 children
|Offspring of Abigail Bigelow Harrington and Benjamin Harrington (1661-1724)|
|Benjamin Harrington (1685-1768)|| |
|Abigail Harrington (1689-1735)|| |
|Isaac Harrington (1693-1778)|| |
|Thankful Harrington (1701-1759)||29 September 1701 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts||6 November 1759 Watertown, Middlesex County, Massachusetts|| Josiah Livermore (1699-1761)|
Comments: I am the 10th generation grandchild of John Bigelow. During my family research I discovered that Abigail Bigelow (John's daughter) married Benjamin Harrington and had a daughter Abigail Harrington. Abigail Harrington married John Mirick. The Mirick family married into the Stuart family in the 1800's in Sterling, Massachusetts. My family were noteworthy furniture builders. My great-grandfather founded a furniture company called Temple-Stuart Furniture Co. The company at one time was the largest private furniture company in the United States. A decade ago the company was sold to a Canadian company and my family is no longer involved in the day to day operations. It is very interesting to tie ancestry back to a common link. This is my first visit to your web site. Feel free to contact me via my email address. Regards, Alan Stuart DOS_25@yahoo.com
- History of Abigail Harrington - Bigelow Family Society
- Bigelow Family Genealogy Volume. I page.18;
- Howe, Bigelow Family in America; pg 17-22;
- Bond, Genealogies and History of Watertown;
- Wies, Early Generations of the Family of Robert Harrington of Watertown, MA, published 1958;
- cemetery inscriptions and vital records, various states;