|Centuries:||9th century - 10th century - 11th century|
|Decades:|| 960s 970s 980s - 990s - 1000s 1010s 1020s
|Years:||992 993 994 - 995 - 996 997 998|
|Gregorian calendar|| 995 |
|Ab urbe condita||1748|
|Armenian calendar|| 444 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-849 – -848|
|Coptic calendar||711 – 712|
|Ethiopian calendar||987 – 988|
|Hebrew calendar||4755 – 4756|
|- Vikram Samvat||1050 – 1051|
|- Shaka Samvat||917 – 918|
|- Kali Yuga||4096 – 4097|
|Iranian calendar||373 – 374|
|Islamic calendar||384 – 385|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 1655|
|Thai solar calendar||1538|
- (Erik Segersäll) is succeeded by (Olof Skötkonung), the first baptized ruler of Sweden. See Swedish monarchs.
- Basil II lifts the siege of Aleppo by mounting his entire army and transferring it across Anatolia in sixteen days.
- Constantine III king of Scotland.
- Boleslaus II of Bohemia massacres the Slavnik's dynasty at Libice.
- Olaf Tryggvason is crowned king of Norway and builds the country's first church.
- Canute the Great (approximate) (d. 1035)
- Guido of Arezzo, Italian musician (d. 1050)
- Abolfazl Beyhaghi, Persian historian and author (d. 1077)
- Olaf II of Norway (d.1030)
- February 5 — William IV, Duke of Aquitaine (b. 937)
- Henry II (b.951)
- Kenneth II of Scotland (possibly murdered)
- Haakon Sigurdsson earl (and, de facto, ruler) of Norway
People of the year 995 at Familypedia
32 people were born in 995
32 children were born to the 12 women born in 995
15 people died in 995
367 people lived in 995
Events of the year 995 at FamilypediaEdit
6 people were married in 995.
There were 0 military battles in 995.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 995. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.