|Centuries:||9th century - 10th century - 11th century|
|Decades:|| 920s 930s 940s - 950s - 960s 970s 980s
|Years:||955 956 957 - 958 - 959 960 961|
|Gregorian calendar||958 |
|Ab urbe condita||1711|
|Armenian calendar||407 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-886 – -885|
|Coptic calendar||674 – 675|
|Ethiopian calendar||950 – 951|
|Hebrew calendar||4718 – 4719|
|- Vikram Samvat||1013 – 1014|
|- Shaka Samvat||880 – 881|
|- Kali Yuga||4059 – 4060|
|Iranian calendar||336 – 337|
|Islamic calendar||346 – 347|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1618|
|Thai solar calendar||1501|
Events[edit | edit source]
By Place[edit | edit source]
Asia[edit | edit source]
- Kshemgupta, King of Kashmir dies and is succeeded by his young son Abhimanyu. Didda, widow of the former and mother of the latter, becomes de facto ruler.
- Later Zhou Dynasty strikes at Liao Dynasty positions in the Sixteen Prefectures, but is defeated.
Births[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- King Gorm the Old of Denmark
- Abul Hasan Ali Al-Masu'di, Arab geographer, historian, and physicist
- Tuathal mac Augaire, King of Leinster, Ireland
Literature[edit | edit source]
- First literary reference to legendary Sherwood Forest, although no mention yet of Robin Hood, its most famous bandit denizen.
People of the year 958 at Familypedia
4 people were born in 958
2 children were born to the 2 women born in 958
1 people died in 958
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Fulk II, Count of Anjou (?-958)||Fulk I, Count of Anjou (-941)||Rosalie de Loches (?-?)|
224 people lived in 958
Events of the year 958 at Familypedia
2 people were married in 958.
|Anne de Lebarten (927-1000)||Arnold I von Lutzelburg (927-999)|
|Urraca Fernández of Castile (-1007)||Ordoño III of León (c926-956) + Ordoño IV of León (c926-962) + Sancho II of Pamplona (c940-994)|
There were 0 military battles in 958.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 958. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.