|Centuries:||0th century - 1st century - 2nd century|
|Decades:|| -30s -20s -10s - 0s - 10s 20s 30s
|Years:||6 7 8 - 9 - 10 11 12|
|Gregorian calendar|| 9 |
|Ab urbe condita||762|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1835 – -1834|
|Coptic calendar||-275 – -274|
|Ethiopian calendar||1 – 2|
|Hebrew calendar||3769 – 3770|
|- Vikram Samvat||64 – 65|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3110 – 3111|
|Iranian calendar||613 BP – 612 BP|
|Islamic calendar||632 BH – 631 BH|
|- Imperial Year|| Kōki 669|
|Thai solar calendar||552|
- Illyria is turned into a province after a revolt is defeated.
- The Rhine River is established as the boundary between the Latin and German speaking worlds, following the defeat of the Roman army, under the command of Varus, at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest.
- Legio II Augusta, XX Valeria Victrix, and XIII Gemina move to Germany to replace Legio XIX and the others destroyed at Teutoburg.
- The Catuvellauni attack the Trinovantes and capture Camulodunum.
- Ovid is banished to Tomis.
- Pannonia (modern-day Hungary) submits to Roman rule.
- In order to increase the number of marriages, and ultimately the population, the Lex Papia Poppaea is adopted in Rome. This law prohibits celibacy and childless relationships.
- Roman finances become strained following the Danubian insurrection and Varus' defeat in Germany, where three Roman legions were destroyed. This results in the levying of two new taxes: five percent of inheritances, and one percent on sales.
- Claudius marries Plautia Urgulanilla following the death of Livia Medullina.
- Wang Mang founds the short-lived Xin Dynasty in China (until 25). Wang Mang names his wife Empress Wang and his son Wang Lin Crown Prince and heir to the throne.
- Empress Wang is given the title of Duchess Dowager of Ding'an, while Emperor Ruzi of Han, the former Emperor of Han becomes the Duke of Ding'an. Ruzi Ying is placed under house arrest.
- Lui Kuai, Marquess of Zuziang, attacks the Dukedom of Fuchong under his brother Liu Ying. Lui Kuai is defeated and killed in the ensuing battle.
- Publius Quinctilius Varus, Roman general, at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest, said to have committed suicide
People of the year 9 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 9
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 9
0 people died in 9
2 people lived in 9
|Jesus (c6BC-c31)||Joseph ben Jacob (c25 BC-)||Mary (mother of Jesus)|
|Clodomir I der West-Franken (c3-)||Marcomir der West-Franken (bef14BC-)|
Events of the year 9 at FamilypediaEdit
0 people were married in 9.
There were 0 military battles in 9.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 9. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.