|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 850s 860s 870s - 880s - 890s 900s 910s
|Years:||886 887 888 - 889 - 890 891 892|
|Gregorian calendar||889 |
|Ab urbe condita||1642|
|Armenian calendar||338 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-955 – -954|
|Coptic calendar||605 – 606|
|Ethiopian calendar||881 – 882|
|Hebrew calendar||4649 – 4650|
|- Vikram Samvat||944 – 945|
|- Shaka Samvat||811 – 812|
|- Kali Yuga||3990 – 3991|
|Iranian calendar||267 – 268|
|Islamic calendar||275 – 276|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1549|
|Thai solar calendar||1432|
- Yasovarman I succeeds Indravarman II as ruler of the Khmer empire.
- Prince Svätopluk I of the Slavs occupies the territory of the Lusatian Serbs.
- The Unified Silla kingdom seeks to collect taxes by force directly from peasants, setting off massive peasant rebellions.
- Bongwon Temple is founded.
- The Japanese era Ninna ends and Kanpyo begins.
- Emperor Zhaozong of Tang begins his reign.
- Bagrat Mampali begins his reign of Georgia.
- Vladimir succeeds Boris I Michael as king of Bulgaria.
- Donald II succeeds Eochaid I as king of Scotland.
- Arnulf of Carinthia grants Osnabrück trade privileges.
- In Italy, Forlì becomes a republic for the first time.
- Magyars heavily damaged Reggio Emilia, killing bishop Azzo II
- Ibn Qutaibah, Muslim writer
- Al-Dinawari, Kurdish historian and mathematician
- Sumbat I Mampali, Georgian ruler
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 889. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 889 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 889
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Ratold (889-929)||Arnulf of Carinthia (850-899)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 889
0 people died in 889
99 people lived in 889
Events of the year 889 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 889.
There were 0 military battles in 889.