|Centuries:||8th century - 9th century - 10th century|
|Decades:|| 800s 810s 820s - 830s - 840s 850s 860s
|Years:||835 836 837 - 838 - 839 840 841|
|Gregorian calendar||838 |
|Ab urbe condita||1591|
|Armenian calendar||287 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1006 – -1005|
|Coptic calendar||554 – 555|
|Ethiopian calendar||830 – 831|
|Hebrew calendar||4598 – 4599|
|- Vikram Samvat||893 – 894|
|- Shaka Samvat||760 – 761|
|- Kali Yuga||3939 – 3940|
|Iranian calendar||216 – 217|
|Islamic calendar||223 – 224|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1498|
|Thai solar calendar||1381|
Events[edit | edit source]
By Place[edit | edit source]
Europe[edit | edit source]
- At Hingston Down, Egbert of Wessex beats the Danish and the West Welsh.
- Stone of Destiny placed at Scone Palace, Scotland.
- Rheine is founded on the Ems river.
- Royal meeting between Feidlimid mac Cremthanin, King of Cashel and Niall, King of the Southern Uí Neill and Tara at Cluain-Conaire-Tommain, as a result of which the Annals of Inisfallen says Feidlimid becomes High-King of Ireland
Asia[edit | edit source]
By Topic[edit | edit source]
Religion[edit | edit source]
Births[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Pepin I, son of Louis the Pious, King of the Frankish Empire.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 838. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 838 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 838
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Æthelswith of Wessex (c838-888)||Æthelwulf of Wessex (c795-858)||Osburga (-bef856)|
0 children were born to the 1 women born in 838
1 people died in 838
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Pepin I of Aquitaine (797-838)||Louis the Pious (778-840)||Ermengarde of Hesbaye (c778-818)|
74 people lived in 838
Events of the year 838 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 838.
There were 0 military battles in 838.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.