|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||10th century BC - 9th century BC - 8th century BC|
|Decades:||850s BC 840s BC 830s BC - 820s BC - 810s BC 800s BC 790s BC|
|Years:||829 BC 828 BC 827 BC 826 BC 825 BC|
824 BC 823 BC 822 BC 821 BC 820 BC
|Categories:||Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trends[edit | edit source]
- 828 BC/827 BC (14th year in the era of Gònghé) — King Xuan of Zhou becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China, ending almost two decades of the Gonghe regency.
- 825 BC — Takelot II, king of Egypt, dies. Crown Prince Osorkon III and Shoshenq III, sons of Takelot, battle for the throne.
- 825 BC/824 BC — Ariphron, King of Athens, dies after a reign of 20 years and is succeeded by his son Thespieus.
- 823 BC — Death of Shalmaneser III, king of Assyria. He is succeeded by his son Shamshi-Adad V.
- 820 BC — Pygmalion ascends the throne of Tyre.
Significant people[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 820s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.