|Centuries:||7th century - 8th century - 9th century|
|Decades:|| 740s 750s 760s - 770s - 780s 790s 800s
|Years:||769 770 771 - 772 - 773 774 775|
|Gregorian calendar||772 |
|Ab urbe condita||1525|
|Armenian calendar||221 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1072 – -1071|
|Coptic calendar||488 – 489|
|Ethiopian calendar||764 – 765|
|Hebrew calendar||4532 – 4533|
|- Vikram Samvat||827 – 828|
|- Shaka Samvat||694 – 695|
|- Kali Yuga||3873 – 3874|
|Iranian calendar||150 – 151|
|Islamic calendar||155 – 156|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1432|
|Thai solar calendar||1315|
Events[edit | edit source]
By Place[edit | edit source]
Europe[edit | edit source]
- Charlemagne starts fighting the Saxons and the Frisians. Saxony subdued and converted to Christianity.
- Offa of Mercia conquers Sussex (approximate date).
By Topic[edit | edit source]
Religion[edit | edit source]
- February 9 — Pope Adrian I (also referred to as Hadrian) succeeds Pope Stephen III as the 95th pope.
- Adrian I turns to Charlemagne for support against king Desiderius of the Lombards.
- Caliph Al-Mansur orders Christians and Jews in Jerusalem to be stamped on their hands with a distinctive symbol.
Births[edit | edit source]
- Bai Juyi, Chinese poet and official (d. 846)
- Liu Yuxi, Chinese poet, philosopher, and essayist (d. 842)
- Li Ao
Deaths[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 772. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 772 at Familypedia
2 people were born in 772
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Charles the Younger (c772-811)||Charlemagne (747-814)||Hildegard (758-783)|
|Unnamed Caroligian (c772-)||Carloman (751-771)||Gerberga of Pavia (c750-)|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 772
0 people died in 772
32 people lived in 772
Events of the year 772 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 772.
There were 0 military battles in 772.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.