|Centuries:||6th century · 7th century · 8th century|
|Decades:||620s 630s 640s 650s 660s 670s 680s|
|Years:||654 655 656 657 658 659 660|
|Gregorian calendar||657 |
|Ab urbe condita||1410|
|Armenian calendar||106 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1187 – -1186|
|Coptic calendar||373 – 374|
|Ethiopian calendar||649 – 650|
|Hebrew calendar||4417 – 4418|
|- Vikram Samvat||712 – 713|
|- Shaka Samvat||579 – 580|
|- Kali Yuga||3758 – 3759|
|Iranian calendar||35 – 36|
|Islamic calendar||36 – 37|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1317|
|Thai solar calendar||1200|
Events[edit | edit source]
By Place[edit | edit source]
Asia[edit | edit source]
- The Chinese Tang Dynasty under Emperor Gaozong of Tang defeats a Turkish army.
- Emperor Gaozong of Tang commissions the pharmacology publication of an official materia medica, which documented 833 different substances taken from various stones, minerals, metals, plants, herbs, animals, vegetables, fruits, and cereal crops used for medicinal purposes.
By Topic[edit | edit source]
Religion[edit | edit source]
- June 2 — Pope Eugene I dies and is subsequently canonized.
- July 26 — Ali Ben Abu Talib fights Muawiyah over the Caliphate of Islam and captures Anbar, Battle of Siffin.
- July 30 — Pope Vitalian succeeds Pope Eugene I as the 76th pope.
- Saint Hilda founds an abbey on the Yorkshire coast at Whitby.
Births[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 657. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 657 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 657
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 657
1 people died in 657
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Clovis II of Neustria (c634-657)||Dagobert I (c603-c639)||Nanthild (c610-642)|
17 people lived in 657
Events of the year 657 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 657.
There were 0 military battles in 657.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.