|Centuries:||6th century · 7th century · 8th century|
|Decades:||600s 610s 620s 630s 640s 650s 660s|
|Years:||636 637 638 639 640 641 642|
|Gregorian calendar||639 |
|Ab urbe condita||1392|
|Armenian calendar||88 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1205 – -1204|
|Coptic calendar||355 – 356|
|Ethiopian calendar||631 – 632|
|Hebrew calendar||4399 – 4400|
|- Vikram Samvat||694 – 695|
|- Shaka Samvat||561 – 562|
|- Kali Yuga||3740 – 3741|
|Iranian calendar||17 – 18|
|Islamic calendar||17 – 19|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1299|
|Thai solar calendar||1182|
- During the Islamic conquest of Persia, the city of Susa is destroyed.
- The Xueyantuo assaulted the Chinese-conquered vassal of Eastern Tujue. Although simultaneously fighting in Korea against Goguryeo, the Chinese Tang Dynasty nonetheless initiated Emperor Taizong's campaign against Xueyantuo, where the famous general Li Shiji was deployed to fend off attacks in Tujue. By 646 the Xueyantuo state was destroyed.
- Yeon Namsan, Goguryeo-Korean military leader who later served as an official in the Chinese Tang Dynasty (d. 701).
- January 19 — Dagobert I, king of the Franks (b. c. 603)
- Wang Gui, Chinese chancellor of the Tang Dynasty (born 571)
- Yang Gongren, Chinese chancellor of the Tang Dynasty
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 639. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 639 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 639
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 639
1 people died in 639
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Chrodebert of Alamannia (bef598-639)||Gunzo of Alamannia (bef583-615)||41|
13 people lived in 639
Events of the year 639 at Familypedia
1 people were married in 639.
|Ansegisel (c606-bef679)||Saint Begga (615-693)|
There were 0 military battles in 639.