|Centuries:||5th century · 6th century · 7th century|
|Decades:||570s 580s 590s 600s 610s 620s 630s|
|Years:||597 598 599 600 601 602 603|
|Gregorian calendar||600 |
|Ab urbe condita||1353|
|Armenian calendar||49 |
|Bahá'í calendar||-1244 – -1243|
|Coptic calendar||316 – 317|
|Ethiopian calendar||592 – 593|
|Hebrew calendar||4360 – 4361|
|- Vikram Samvat||655 – 656|
|- Shaka Samvat||522 – 523|
|- Kali Yuga||3701 – 3702|
|Iranian calendar||22 BP – 21 BP|
|Islamic calendar||23 BH – 22 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1260|
|Thai solar calendar||1143|
Events[edit | edit source]
By Place[edit | edit source]
World[edit | edit source]
- The population of the Earth rises to about 208 million people.
Europe[edit | edit source]
- Smallpox arrives in Europe for the first time.
- King Ingvar of Sweden invades Estonia but is killed by the locals.
- Juchau Anglo-Saxon tribesmen on south-eastern coast of England
Asia[edit | edit source]
- The Persians begin to use windmills for irrigation.
- Chaturanga is played in its current form in India.
The Americas[edit | edit source]
- Loma Caldera in El Salvador erupts, burying the Maya village, Joya de Cerén.
- The Hopewell culture of North America ceases to be the dominant culture.
- The Aztec city of Teotihuacán begins to grow unstable, as they exhaust their resources until their inevitable collapse (possibly caused by the Toltec) circa 700 AD.
By Topic[edit | edit source]
Arts and Sciences[edit | edit source]
- The moldboard plow is invented in eastern Europe.
- The earliest references to chess found in the Persian work Karnamak-i-Artakhshatr-i-Papakan, and the Indian works of Subandhu's Vasavadatta and Banabhatta's Harsha Charitha
Religion[edit | edit source]
- Pope Gregory I codifies what comes to be known as Gregorian chant.
- Construction on the monastery of St. Catherine is begun on Mount Sinai.
- Irish missionaries preach in Scotland and Germany.
- Chinese-influenced sculptures of Buddha begin to be created in Japan.
- Sumatra, Java, and the surrounding islands are converted to Buddhism.
- Augustine of Canterbury converts Ethelbert of Kent to Christianity (approximate date).
- Nubian rulers become Christian (approximate date).
Births[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- Venance Fortunat, bishop of Poitiers, one of the last representatives of Classical Latin poetry
- King Beop of Baekje, king of the Baekje Kingdom of Korea
- Yang Jun
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 600. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 600 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 600
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 600
0 people died in 600
18 people lived in 600
Events of the year 600 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 600.
There were 0 military battles in 600.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.