|Millennia:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||7th century BC - 6th century BC - 5th century BC|
|Decades:||600s BC 590s BC 580s BC - 570s BC - 560s BC 550s BC 540s BC|
|Years:||579 BC 578 BC 577 BC 576 BC 575 BC|
574 BC 573 BC 572 BC 571 BC 570 BC
|Categories:||Births - Deaths - State leaders - Sovereign states|
Establishments - Disestablishments
Events and trends[edit | edit source]
- 579 BC — Servius Tullius succeeds the assassinated Lucius Tarquinius Priscus as the sixth King of Rome. (traditional date)
- 575 BC — Ishtar Gate and throne room wall, from Babylon (Iraq) is made. They modified version for installation is now at Staatlische Museen zu Berlin, Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Vorderasiatisches Museum.
- 575 BC — Battle of Yanling in China, the army of the State of Jin defeats the forces of the State of Chu in ancient Henan province.
- 575 BC–550 BC — Temples and public buildings begin to grace Rome. Main temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximus is built.
- 573 BC — Nemean Games founded at Nemea. (traditional date)
- 572 BC — Death of Zhou jian wang, King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 571 BC — Zhou ling wang becomes King of the Zhou Dynasty of China.
- 570 BC — Amasis II succeeds Apries as king of Egypt.
- c. 570 BC — François Vase, black figure decoration on a volute krater, is made by potter — Ergotimos and painter — Kleitias. It is now at Museo Archeologico Nazionale, Florence, Italy.
- 570 BC–560 BC — Berlin Kore, from a cemetery at Keratea, near Athens, is made. It is now at Staatlische Museen zu Berlin, Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Antikensammlung.
Significant people[edit | edit source]
- c. 576 BC — birth of Cyrus the Great, later King of Anshan, and architect of the Persian Empire.
- Ergotimos — potter
- Kleitias — painter
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 570s BC. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.