|Centuries:||4th century · 5th century · 6th century|
|Decades:||460s 470s 480s 490s 500s 510s 520s|
|Years:||493 494 495 496 497 498 499|
|Gregorian calendar||496 |
|Ab urbe condita||1249|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1348 – -1347|
|Coptic calendar||212 – 213|
|Ethiopian calendar||488 – 489|
|Hebrew calendar||4256 – 4257|
|- Vikram Samvat||551 – 552|
|- Shaka Samvat||418 – 419|
|- Kali Yuga||3597 – 3598|
|Iranian calendar||126 BP – 125 BP|
|Islamic calendar||130 BH – 129 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1156|
|Thai solar calendar||1039|
Events[edit | edit source]
By Place[edit | edit source]
Europe[edit | edit source]
- Battle of Tolbiac: Clovis I defeats the Alamanni, and is baptized into the Catholic faith at Rheims.
- Thrasamund becomes king of the Vandals.
Byzantine Empire[edit | edit source]
- Anastasius I has Euphemius, Patriarch of Constantinople, deposed, and Macedonius II appointed as his successor. Euphemius is sent into exile.
Asia[edit | edit source]
- Kavadh I of Persia is deposed and exiled by his brother Djamasp.
- The ruling Tuoba family in the Chinese Northern Wei Dynasty change their family name to Yuan.
By Topic[edit | edit source]
Religion[edit | edit source]
Births[edit | edit source]
Deaths[edit | edit source]
- November 21 — Pope Gelasius I
- Gunthamund, king of the Vandals
- Athanasius, Coptic Orthodox Patriarch of Alexandria
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 496. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 496 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 496
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Zorobabel ben Salathiel||Salathiel ben Neri|
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 496
0 people died in 496
3 people lived in 496
Events of the year 496 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 496.
There were 0 military battles in 496.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.