Events and Trends[edit | edit source]
- Possible timing of King Arthur's victory over the Saxons.
- 493 — Possible death of Saint Patrick.
- 494 — Pope Gelasius I delineates the relationship between church and state.
- 494 — An earthquake devastates Latakia.
- 494 — Under Emperor Xiaowen the capital of Northern Wei, a state in China capital is moved from Datong to Luoyang, a city long acknowledged as a major center in Chinese history.
- 496 — Battle of Tolbiac; Clovis I defeats the Alamanni, accepts Catholic baptism at Rheims.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 490s. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.