|Centuries:||4th century · 5th century · 6th century|
|Decades:||420s 430s 440s 450s 460s 470s 480s|
|Years:||454 455 456 457 458 459 460|
|Gregorian calendar||457 |
|Ab urbe condita||1210|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1387 – -1386|
|Coptic calendar||173 – 174|
|Ethiopian calendar||449 – 450|
|Hebrew calendar||4217 – 4218|
|- Vikram Samvat||512 – 513|
|- Shaka Samvat||379 – 380|
|- Kali Yuga||3558 – 3559|
|Iranian calendar||165 BP – 164 BP|
|Islamic calendar||170 BH – 169 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 1117|
|Thai solar calendar||1000|
Western Roman Empire
Eastern Roman Empire
- Childeric I succeeds Merovech as king of the Franks (or 458).
- According to the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, 4,000 Britons are slain at Crayford in battle against Hengist and his son Esc.
- Hormizd III becomes king of Persia.
- Peroz I rebels against his brother Hormizd III.
- In India, Skandagupta of the Gupta Empire defeats the Huns (Ephthalites); not until 480 does the empire collapse under their attacks.
- October 28 — Ibas, bishop of Edessa
- Marcian, East Roman emperor
- Theodoret of Cyrrhus, influential author, early church theologian and Christian bishop of Cyrrhus, Syria (423–457)
- King Yazdegerd II of Persia
- St. Valerian, bishop of Abbenza
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 457. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 457 at Familypedia
1 people were born in 457
|Father||Mother||Age mother at birth|
|Industria of Narbonne (c457-)||Flavius Probus (c430-)||Eulalia (c425-)|
1 children were born to the 1 women born in 457
1 people died in 457
|Father||Mother||Age at death|
|Merovech of the Salian Franks (411-457)||Clodio V der Franken (c395-aft447)||Basina von Thuringen (c398-)||46|
6 people lived in 457
Events of the year 457 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 457.
There were 0 military battles in 457.