- This article is about the year 311. For other uses, see 311.
|Centuries:||3rd century · 4th century · 5th century|
|Decades:||280s 290s 300s 310s 320s 330s 340s|
|Years:||308 309 310 311 312 313 314|
|Gregorian calendar||311 |
|Ab urbe condita||1064|
|Bahá'í calendar||-1533 – -1532|
|Coptic calendar||27 – 28|
|Ethiopian calendar||303 – 304|
|Hebrew calendar||4071 – 4072|
|- Vikram Samvat||366 – 367|
|- Shaka Samvat||233 – 234|
|- Kali Yuga||3412 – 3413|
|Iranian calendar||311 BP – 310 BP|
|Islamic calendar||321 BH – 320 BH|
|- Imperial Year||Kōki 971|
|Thai solar calendar||854|
- May 5 — Galerius issues his Edict of Toleration, ending persecution of Christians in his part of the Roman Empire.
- Maxentius reconquers the African provinces from Domitius Alexander.
- Maximinus and Licinius share the Eastern Empire.
- Maximinus recommences the persecution of Christians.
- Luoyang, the Jin Dynasty capital of China, is sacked by groups of barbarians under the leadership of Huns. Jin Huai Di, emperor of China, is captured.
- July 2 — Pope Miltiades succeeds Pope Eusebius as the 32nd pope.
- The Donatist schism occurs in the African church.
- On his deathbed, Galerius declares religious freedom throughout the Empire, focusing on ending anti-Christian persecution.
|This page uses content from the English language Wikipedia. The original content was at 311. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with this Familypedia wiki, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|
People of the year 311 at Familypedia
0 people were born in 311
0 children were born to the 0 women born in 311
0 people died in 311
2 people lived in 311
|Dagobert I, King of the Franks (275-317)||Walter der Franken (c205-306)|
|Genebald I, Duke of the East Franks (296-358)||Dagobert I, King of the Franks (275-317)|
Events of the year 311 at Familypedia
0 people were married in 311.
There were 0 military battles in 311.